Camaraderie on Levi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Notorious Monsters (06/04/2008)

+3
Lotto
Feld
Mayula
7 posters

Go down

New Notorious Monsters (06/04/2008) Empty New Notorious Monsters (06/04/2008)

Post by Mayula Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:42 am

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/3323/detail.html

New Notorious Monsters (06/04/2008)

New Notorious Monsters (06/04/2008) 3323

New Notorious Monsters (NMs) will be added to areas introduced in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion pack in the forthcoming version update, with simplified access to their battlefields.

• A Word from the Development Team

NM battles have been one of the most popular elements of FFXI since its launch. Nothing stirs the adventurer's soul quite the same way as cooperating with dependable comrades to overcome seemingly insurmountable odds, with rare equipment drops being the very tasty icing on the cake.

Thus far, however, getting the chance to battle NMs has been almost as difficult a task as fighting the creatures themselves. One often needed a lot of time and plenty more luck to successfully arrange an encounter with the creatures. In light of the ever-increasing number of fan requests for more opportunities to do battle against powerful monsters and reap the rewards, the development team has decided to implement some changes to make the excitement of NMs—even those of the same caliber as particularly infamous varieties inhabiting Tu'Lia and Al'Taieu—more accessible to all.

• Overview of the New System

Carrying out requests from a certain NPC will earn you points which, when accumulated, can be exchanged for NM trigger items. The cost of these triggers will fluctuate based on the corresponding NM's difficulty level and popularity among adventurers. A limit will also be imposed on the number of points that can be earned in one Vana'dielian day (one Earth hour). Even with the above conditions in place, obtaining triggers under this new system should be relatively pain-free, especially when compared to fulfilling the elaborate requirements of some existing NM battles.
*Please note that this point system is applicable only to select new NMs scheduled to appear from the June version update.

In order to maximize flexibility in participant numbers, in most cases the target to which you trade triggers in order to gain entry into battlefields will be located in field areas.

New Notorious Monsters (06/04/2008) 3323_6

• Rewards

Over fifty new types of equipment will be made available as exclusive drops for defeating these new NMs. Here are just a few samples to whet your ravenous adventurer's appetite:

New Notorious Monsters (06/04/2008) 3323_11

O__O !!! is all the comes to mind atm.
Mayula
Mayula
Million Dollar Baby

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

New Notorious Monsters (06/04/2008) Empty Re: New Notorious Monsters (06/04/2008)

Post by Feld Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:21 am

This sounds like one of the most interesting new additions to the june update - I can't wait!!!

Feld
Minerai Essentiel

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

New Notorious Monsters (06/04/2008) Empty Re: New Notorious Monsters (06/04/2008)

Post by Lotto Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:26 am

It seems SE's finallt listening to players after 6 years >_>
Lotto
Lotto
lol

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Moccha Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:21 pm

Quiet Feld, get your thoughts outta this game and enjoy your Toulouse paysage :p

Said this many times before, can say it again anytime: this update will change the way people used to play this game, compared to couple previous updates that added nothing in terms of substance. So far we've got realization of Nyzul relics (and they are looking visually good, too), new medals in the past accompanied with hopefully good range of new items to spend points on. I'm a big fan of storyline driven missions and along with new Ops that i'm enjoying too WotG will hopefully take some rise in my interests. The Einherjar fix is a thing of beauty if we get it rolling from now, and now this new stage for ToAU end game. We had sky and sea from previous expansions and community voiced that Salvage and Einherjar were too different and definitely required a good bunch of people to go with whereas pieces from sky and sea could be farmed with lower amount of people. This addition is definitely getting my seal of approval for the sheer exploration it delivers.
Moccha
Moccha
Admin

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-05-13

http://camaraderie.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayula Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:36 pm

After re-reading this, they gives you points to get a TRIGGER ( i did myself misunderstood at first ) to fight a NM after you gathered enough of these points. And as they turn it themselves: "One often needed a lot of time and plenty more luck to successfully arrange an encounter with the creatures." which is, to me at least, a way to speak about the Kings to me. ( hi2you D.ring / adaberk / dramatica / M.body ? i doubt it after the add of salvage being "equivalent equipement" , from the developement team's words )

I guess we just wait & see what goodies we will get.
Mayula
Mayula
Million Dollar Baby

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Courval Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:19 am

i doubt they add m.body there for example since the changes in einherjar (where the abj. drop too) i guess at the new battlefieldwhateveritwillbe you will only get the new items (like 50ish) first of all i hope they didn't just made them all in the annoying oriental look just like all aht urghan items, i'm really rid of those looks. Stop it SE we got enough of those, i want oldschool armor, i can't see those golden decorated armors anymore.

Courval
Pool Party At My Place

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Animut Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:54 pm

*Please note that this point system is applicable only to select new NMs scheduled to appear from the June version update.

I think we can only pick triggers for the new NM's for now , so probably no Dalmatica , Mbody and other stuff i guess. (but would be nice :p)

Re-read it too and i think you might be right , Mayu
It seems like they talking about Kings and any other highly camped NM.
Would be nice if they made em easier to get lol
Animut
Animut
Chocolate beer? Weird Belgians

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotto Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:58 am

Too lazy to make another topic

Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)
The raging flame, whose lapping tongues but a moment ago had threatened to scorch the underbelly of the sky, had regressed to wisps of smoke unfurling hypnotically in the cool breeze. An elderly knight, a veteran of countless campaigns, lies half buried in smoldering debris with limbs entangled with those of fallen friends and foes, his pallid complexion masked in the grey and crimson of ash and caking blood. He stares with glazed eyes at clouds drifting lazily across the dusk sky, his head swimming in the mingled smell of rusted metal, burnt foliage, and death. The faint whistling of the wind is a soothing song compared to the horror-filled shrieks that accompanied the sickening sound of flesh and bone giving way to tempered steel.

The knight knows that his time is near, and with his departure, death can finally rule supreme over this ravaged battlefield. Most would consider it a blessing for a soldier to have lived this long, but not he. Living has meant enduring the torment of blood-smeared memories of comrades—friends—falling one after the other. Let it end, he prays, his consciousness fading slowly but surely with the setting sun.

The sharp, distinct snap of a twig breaking underfoot ends the hours-long silence, jerking the knight back to reality. Opportunistic Goblins, here to scavenge the battlefield, he thinks with renewed alertness. If they were to find him in this defenseless state, there would be no reprieve. His loathing towards the vile creatures reignites his will to survive. With clenched teeth, he musters all remaining strength in an attempt to move his legs, but they fail to heed the call. Defeated, he allows his helmed head to fall back to the ground with a soft clunk, his breathing now more labored than ever.

The footsteps draw nearer, thudding out a slow but elaborate rhythm on the charred plain. His experience tells him they are that of a four-footed creature—perhaps a hell hound here to feed on flesh. Despite knowing very well his dwindling life force could no longer sustain the desire for self-preservation, with the same battle-honed instinct that has allowed him to survive till this day, the knight fumbles for the hilt of his weapon with a leaden hand. The footsteps draw nearer still, and with a final, decisive thud, the creature comes to a standstill, drawing breath deeply as if perceiving the aftermath by smell rather than sight. From the slit of his visor battered by a vicious blow, the knight spies four towering black limbs hosting a network of veins each as thick as a grown man's finger, pulsating with life blood. A gasp escapes his lips.

Careful to avoid detection, he shifts his head slightly to more fully behold this unannounced visitor. He finds himself locked in a gaze with large, fiery eyes burning with intelligence, glaring back at him with crystalline pupils that probe into his soul, sensing his confused emotional state. Its long, mauvish mane flows pliably in the wind, striking a contrast with its hulking frame that looked like it would bend not even to the fiercest storms. But the most startling of its features, is a single protrusion—a horn of fearsome design, spiraling thick and long from its forehead in cruel twists, like a lance bracing to puncture the very fabric of reality itself.

Fear gives in to marvel as memories of evenings spent by the fireplace as a child mesmerized by his grandfather's fantastic fables of the unicorn, the mythical horned horse, resurface. Could this truly be the legendary creature, sent by the Goddess to guide him on his journey to the afterlife? Touched by what he interprets as a final gesture of grace from his revered Divinity, tears well up in his tired, deep-set eyes. He begins reciting a verse of prayer from the faith of his ancestors, but a few breathy words are all he can manage before the sound of scuffling footsteps and chinking armor in the distance disrupts what he had hoped would become his final moment of peace.
"Look, there's Ixion! Over there!" an excited voice echoes across the plain.

With an agitated neigh, the creature identified as Ixion hoists its sizeable head aloft, eyes dilated in anticipation of the interlopers. There is a brief moment of stillness—serenity, even—in the air. Then the beast's dormant horn awakens with an intensifying crackling sound as a static charge builds up, sending lashing tendrils of electricity dancing furiously up and down along its shaft.

"Stay on your guard!" an authoritative voice yells out mere seconds before Ixion rears up and unleashes a barrage of lightning bolts with a deafening thunderclap. Although the discharge is but a warning, the approaching figures frantically raise their shield arms in defense. The flickering brightness from the lingering charge reveals them to be a small contingent of young mercenaries. No older than when he first enlisted into the army and most likely no wiser, observes the knight, their reckless overconfidence striking a nostalgic chord within him.

Sensing no merit in a confrontation, the mighty stallion pivots, turning its substantial mass around in one fluid motion, then kicks into a thunderous gallop, leaving the stunned aggressors behind in a wake of spark and dust.
"Damn! It's making a run for it!"
"Don't let it escape! After it!"

The young mercenaries commence what seems a futile chase, when one among them—a girl robed head to toe in white—sensing something amiss, stops mid stride and turns towards the ailing knight. She crouches beside him, reaching out with gentle hands to check his vital signs.
"Wait! This man is still alive!"

"I-Ixi...on..."
As though no longer sure of the reality in what he has just witnessed, the knight weakly mouths the name of the horned beast. And finally succumbs to the darkness.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/3353/detail.html
Lotto
Lotto
lol

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Courval Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:32 am

wtf i guess i need to lvl smn soon, if thats the new avatar it would be awesome. i loved the unicorn in FFX

Courval
Pool Party At My Place

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Trinton Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:17 pm

I didn't think it would be an avatar because it doesn't fit...but the image shows it to be an avatar in its weird effecty way that avatars do
Trinton
Trinton
Captain Britain

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down